Stace at Daymented was searching for Midol in her purse and found some ancient candy there, which prompted her to ask her readers to pour out their purses and describe the contents they found therein.
So, here’s a list for ya, Stace. My garbage dump of a purse contained the following junk:
- $30 dollars in wadded bills and $2.23 in change.
- A wadded up Snickers wrapper, its contents long gone.
- A voided check, wadded up.
- Several wadded receipts.*
- Four expired coupons. Wadded? Yep.
- A five cent gaming voucher from Caesar’s, Indiana.
- Various scribblings to myself and reminder notes on tiny pieces of paper.
- 3 tubes of Chapstick – tropical twist, green apple and strawberry.
- One sunblock stick.
- A 2 oz. bottle of body lotion.
- Nine old cash register receipts.
- Two punch cards for Planet Smoothie.
- A valid $3 off coupon for The Comedy Caravan.
- Three ticket stubs from a lackluster performance of Lord of the Dance.
- A pencil.
- Three combs.
- A green bead bracelet.
- A manicure set.
- A mint. Still wrapped. Wow!
- Two different kinds of “internal breath freshener” pills.
- An order form for Writer’s Digest magazine.
- A white paper napkin.
- A Bic Lighter.
- And last but not least,
5 Extra Strength Midol – still safely packaged and awaiting consumption.
That’s right, Stace, you should have checked my purse for Midol instead of your own.
*Wadded is obviously the key word, so from here on out, if something could even conceivably be wadded, you can safely assume it is.
Below: A picture I took before cleaning up the mess contained in my purse. Dorothy and her friends are appalled by what a disgusting slob I am. Hence, their appropriate expressions of shock and awe.